At AFP, we can supply high-pressure hoses rated up to 10,000 PSI. These are not your typical garden hoses and should be treated like a high-pressure vessel.
Ensure you know the working pressures and burst pressures of all high-pressure hoses before using them. This can be found on the labels near each hose end along with the test date and test certificate references.
Following are our check-list when using high-pressure hose:
- Inspect the hose for frayed, damaged or wear spots
- Check the hose end connections for wear, rust, cracks or other signs of deterioration – these could product dangerous projectiles when the hose is pressurised
- Know the working pressures and burst pressures of all hoses before use
- Always use clean, filtered hydraulic fluids
- Plan your hose run to avoid excessive bending , large vertical drops or vehicle traffic
High-pressure hoses do not last forever, but these tips can also help prolong the hose life.
Always treat high-pressure hoses with extreme caution. When in doubt, perform a hose audit, re-test and/or replace.
You can download our printer-friendly hose check poster from the link below: